Golden colours

On my last posting I showed you what I was hoping to get started on next.
Well I have at least made a start on the piecing. And I am hoping to get underway with the applique today.....fingers crossed!
I don't know what has drawn me to this little quilt. I think it may have been the colours.
My version wont be quite as bright as the original, but will be along those lines.
I have chosen fabrics, from the Civil War Jubilee and Crossroads ranges from Moda and the lovely pale wheat colour is Wickerweave by Renee Nannerman. I think they work nicely together.
For the applique I am going to use the pretty little floral you can see. The same fabric will also make up the centre of each block.
 
 
To make each block you will need to use the Quick Flying Geese method.
Here is a quick tutorial for those of you who haven't used this very precise method.
 
Place two smaller light coloured squares right sides together with the larger contrast square and stitch 1/4" either side of the pencil line. Press with a dry iron and then separate by cutting along the centre pencil line.
 
 
Press each of the "wings" back.
 
 
Now place the final light coloured square atop each of the halves and sew in the same manner as before. Press and then cut in halves.
 
 Press back the "wings" again and there you have 4 perfect flying geese units.
 
until next time

Carol



No comments:

Post a Comment